People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.
Do good anyway.
Give the best you have and it will never be enough.
Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.
Mother Teresa
I found myself inspired all week, and in the bathroom nonetheless. What a great concept. So cheers to inspiration in unlikely places. Here are a few pictures of other inspiring moments from this past week...camping at Trial Lake, swinging, and playing with cousins, both theirs and mine. Ben's inspiring moments to follow soon, and let's be honest, his happened in a much cooler place.











7 comments:
Don't be shocked, but sometimes my best inspiration comes from within the confines of the bathroom. Face it; it is generally where you are alone and allowed to think for yourself, it is quiet and no one bothers you in the shower (generally) and you can think by yourself (generally). But then there are the times that none of that happens because your children are screaming at you from the other side of the door wanting to come in; they want to get in the shower with you and of course you then lose all sense of serenity and peace. So, truly, I am NOT shocked at all that you found inspiration in the bathroom. It does happen once in awhile to the best of us.
Hope everything is going well with everyone.
Great quote! You have such adorable kids and they make such great faces! Luke made the best kissy fish face I've ever seen!
sigh... seeing you with family makes me all the more homesick. chas coming home, my parents coming home, my sister having a baby, and i'm stuck across the country. i'm glad you get to enjoy family!
I loved seeing you and your adorable kids while you were in Utah. I do wish we lived closer so we could get together on a more frequent basis. None the less it was wonderful! I love that quote by Mother Teresa it was a nice suttle reminder of how it all "really" works. Love ya tons and hope to see you again soon!
I miss those faces! And I loved our time together, sweet memories...
I see you've been practicing your side profile shot...you so fabulously slender! (even though you can't even see your pregnant little belly) In a week in a half its my turn to go visit the fam! Too bad we barely missed each other...
Really....? You were here again???
Maybe next time!
Post a Comment