Sunday, July 12, 2009

One year older....and hopefully a little more wise.

(Ben and his sister Jenny)

I really like feeling special on my birthday....Ben not so much. It's just another day to him. I disagree, I don't mind feeling like everything is about me for one day. Yesterday I turned 29......I actually thought I was turning 28 until last week when I was informed that it was 2009. This is slightly embarrassing I realize, when your born in 1980 you really shouldn't have a hard time calculating how old you are. Well to be honest when you're an almost 30 year old adult you should probably know what year it is.
Even though I lost a year in one week, I had one of those birthdays that made me feel like I was wonderful..........this was mostly due to the fact that my sweet sister-in-law Jenny followed me around all day telling me I was. I really like her. They flew in from DC to visit and they made my weekend. We had a wild night on the strip last night, and by wild I mean two scoops of gelato and we didn't take the mini van. I've got no pictures to prove it, you'll just have to believe me. Wild stuff. I already miss them.


(umm I'm not sure why I'm labeling these, I'm pretty sure you can figure it out)

12 comments:

TyandMar said...

Happy Birthday cute girl! Yes, you are old! My goodness...

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday! I am such a nerd and was thinking about you a million times Saturday and was planning to call but kept waiting for a good time so I could talk and I had so much going on that the day passed so fast and I missed it. I am so sorry! But you know I love you anyways and I am glad your birthday was good!

Sarah said...

Not taking the minivan is definitely noteworthy. Happy Birthday!
I hate to tell you this, but the only other person I know that thought they were turning the age they already were was my 85 year old grandma.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good day/night! I know what you mean about losing a year - I turned 30 this year and I think I still say I'm 28 some times. 29's a good age - my dad's been 29 for...um...like 26 years now...it must be good!

Linda Doll said...

Happy Birthday sweet Carly!! Double scoop of gelato, huh? Think I would have gone for Cold Stone! Glad you had a wonderful day and keep up the great blog posts - they make me laugh and touch my soul at the same time! Love you!

Rochelle and Kaelen said...

Happy birthday, hope it was a great one... at least your not turning 30...:}

Gaylene said...

The year I turned 29, I refused to say I was 29 because no one believed when I told them. I didn't partcularly care for 28. I can't remeber why, but i just remember it wasn't a good year for me. So I was 30 for two years. Funny, no one seemed to catch on. Except for those who really knew. I dind't mind thirty. It was great. Now for that camera--just keep it in your purse and then we will always have some sort of proof. You never get the pictures for the important stuff-food!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! How do you convince people to visit from across the country? I haven't been able to accomplish that.

Jess said...

Oh I am glad that you had a great birthday... and that you really let loose on the strip!

LemmonWheel said...

Happy Birthday Carly! (last sunday)

FarrEver Family said...

Happy Birthday my everly funny girl. Life is crazy, I didn't get you called, but I would LOVE to take you out to lunch when you get here!
Love ya!

Kimberli said...

Happy Birthday! You SHOULD feel special... live it up! My grandma Barb celebrated her birthday MONTH. I love that idea. :)