
Last week I left my family and spent the week rendezvousing with two old loves........the Aspen tree and the Fir. I'm not ashamed to admit it, when I first caught sight of them my eyes welled up with tears. This private moment was slightly embarrassing in front of my young women but by the time the week was over they were pretty used to it. We had to drive almost four hours but in the end we did discover something that still surprises these Vegas girls.....real grass and flowers growing spontaneously.
I was in heaven. Waking up every morning to the sight of an Aspen tree nestled in the arms of a Fir tree.....seriously is there a more beautiful combination in the whole world? I dare say not. To complete my adoration I was eager to pull myself out of my sleeping bag extremely early to trail run through the beauty. Eager because the sun was glistening through the trees and the run ended in a meadow.......A MEADOW.......... are you kidding me? I now know that it is not the early hour at which my children wake me that causes my less than happy attitude but the fact that there is no meadow in my living room to wake up to. Dirty laundry just doesn't do it for me, I obviously just need a tree lined meadow to awaken my inner morning person.
Oh you beautiful trees you did not disappoint. I could frolic through you for weeks on end. Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder. It was good to see our love hasn't dimmed, I still think we look awfully good together.
When I got home Luke says to me " Mommy, is it ok to say the word clumsy?"
I said "well, sure I guess.....I mean it's not a bad word."
to which he replied "ok then, mommy your clumsy."
Welcome Home.
And you know what?
I do feel clumsier down here in the sage brush.
I was in heaven. Waking up every morning to the sight of an Aspen tree nestled in the arms of a Fir tree.....seriously is there a more beautiful combination in the whole world? I dare say not. To complete my adoration I was eager to pull myself out of my sleeping bag extremely early to trail run through the beauty. Eager because the sun was glistening through the trees and the run ended in a meadow.......A MEADOW.......... are you kidding me? I now know that it is not the early hour at which my children wake me that causes my less than happy attitude but the fact that there is no meadow in my living room to wake up to. Dirty laundry just doesn't do it for me, I obviously just need a tree lined meadow to awaken my inner morning person.
Oh you beautiful trees you did not disappoint. I could frolic through you for weeks on end. Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder. It was good to see our love hasn't dimmed, I still think we look awfully good together.
When I got home Luke says to me " Mommy, is it ok to say the word clumsy?"
I said "well, sure I guess.....I mean it's not a bad word."
to which he replied "ok then, mommy your clumsy."
Welcome Home.
And you know what?
I do feel clumsier down here in the sage brush.


6 comments:
Where did you go? This is beautiful. I know it's not Vegas, it must be heaven or somewhere close to it!
I love reading your blog--they let me escape, even if it is to your living room from mine!
We planted aspen trees in our backyard because we love them so much. We are probably the only people in New Mexico who even know what an aspen is, but hey, they grow great here, and they make us happy.
I'm glad you got to go to girls camp. What a fun experience!
You should come to BC we have lodes of aspen here, and lots other trees too... We have so many we have to thin them out every few years so we can see out into our field and so the bears won't hide in them...:)
Gorgeous pics. I love the trees too. There is nothing that says "home" more than the mountains. I bet they just love you in Young Womens. How fun.
We just got back from camping I all I can say is ditto. Great post as always, Carly!
no wonder we had to drive clear up to Sundance for you to stand in a meadow surrounded by Aspen for your bridal pictures. I am truly glad to see you carrying on with the girls camp tradition...
Post a Comment