Dad: "So how are you?"
Me: "well to be honest, I kind of feel like a quadriplegic"
Dad: "but you aren't a quadriplegic"
Me: " I know, but I feel like one."
Dad: "well can you get up and move if you wanted to?"
Me: "yes dad, I realize I'm not a REAL quadriplegic, but I feel like one."
Dad: "Yeah, but you aren't, so shouldn't you just be grateful you aren't."
Me: "can I talk to mom?"
This is why we have two parents. A mom to tell you "oh honey, I bet you are a quadriplegic and if I was there I would come over right now and clean your house."
And a Dad to tell you "oh for heavens sakes, you are not paralyzed, get up and be realistic." If you couldn't tell by now my Father has a very low tolerance for whining. In fact growing up he had a sign posted above his home office that read "Thou Shalt Not Whine."
I've appreciated the tough love this month. I got up and stretched my still working limbs. January was the pits but February so far has been full of silver linings, a greater degree of gratitude and so far (knock on wood) no illnesses. Even today after I finished a very soul satisfying yoga class and I was informed that I had a really big hole in the backside of my favorite yoga pants, I just smiled. And I thought to myself "hey that's ok, at least I'm not a quadriplegic."
So thank you Dad.
Speaking of good things, this little one is one of the best good things in my life. She turned 2 this week. I adore her so much. I tend to follow her around the house smashing my face against hers all day long. Did I mention before that if I could I would wear her as a hat? or scarf? I just like her near me. She is sweet, and sweet and sweet. And has a belly that no shirt can cover. And in the mornings she knocks on the wall between our rooms and says "hello, I nuggle you?"
Happy 2nd Birthday my sweet baby girl.
Life is good.
4 comments:
Yay! New posts!
You didn't mention that there is one good thing about January (even though I kind of agree that it can seem to drag sometimes).
Glad to hear the clouds have lifted a bit....I'm always glad when that phase a pregnancy starts to fade. Grace is so cute...and 2! I still think we sometimes call her baby Grace. I love her gus-gus tummy :)
Yay! my loyal reader.......your birthday is a bright spot in a rotten month. thanks for the great comment sis, you always rock the comments section. grace does have a cute gus gus tummy, mine not so much.
Oh my I can't believe she is already two! That happened fast. I miss you Carly!
Lila has the tummy too! Her shirts are always riding up...
Post a Comment