Monday, March 21, 2011

In my mind I'm gone to Carolina..........

Outer Banks, North Carolina.
Eight glorious days on the coast.
One beautiful beach house.
Eleven family members I love.
In a word.....wonderful.
I fiercely love the ocean,
I've always secretly thought it was a gift just for me.
I'm narcissistic that way.
But I love it, it makes me deeply happy......
So I'm pretty sure He's ok with me thinking that.
It was hard to come back home,
It was even harder to download my pictures.
I took an obnoxious amount of pictures.
You've been warned.








































9 comments:

TyandMar said...

Oh my. How fun! I've always wanted to venture out that way. So glad you guys got a little vaycay. You deserve it!

Gaylene said...

I love the ocean too! I wish I could have been there enjoying the family and waves as well. I looks like it was full of fun!

Unknown said...

Hooray! How fun! I loved the pictures and I love the ocean. Hopefully we will wander down to the ocean over our spring break...which isn't until late April!! I love both of these families. :)

CaseyLee said...

Precisely what the mean when they say blogs make peoples lives look perfect. This looks PERFECT. Your life looks perfect. I want it.

:)

Amy & John Ewell said...

You've got quite an adorbale, happy family! And you look so good Carly!You're kids are growing up! Love your blog.

Redd family said...

Now that's spring break! Ours consisted of a tour of the police station and the local park. That place looks so beautiful! And I love Olivias hair, it is so thick and beautiful. I think I'll go to Carolina in my mind.

Hilary said...

What a wonderful vacation!! I love all the pictures, you guys are such a cute family. We are headed there this summer and I haven't ever been, now I can't wait!

Momma Stef said...

I'm glad some things get passed down from generation to generation... good things like deep connection with the sea, your great- great grandma Josephine Amelia saw the ocean for the first time when visiting California some 75 years ago... she loved it, so did other kindred spirits through the years, Lila, Joe Ann, a me... yep! That'a a family trait to keep.
Wish I could have put my toes in the sand with you.

Jenny Hatch said...

mmmmmmm....I am trying to soak it all in again. It was WONDERFUL! The beach sings to my soul. mmmmmm....let's go back.