Sunday, March 6, 2011

NASHVILLE.......

Ever since I moved to Kentucky I have been acutely aware that Nashville has been calling my name just a couple hours down the road. This is a little because I would like to believe that Jason Aldean is just playing his guitar on the corner, or that Tim will let me hang out on his ranch....but it's a little more because one of my best friends happened to move there for their residency and I hadn't seen her since graduation........

So Fate just happened to smile on me this weekend when it sent these girls from their programs in Colorado and Cincinnati to my doorstep, where we set off on a kid-free, chatty- chatty wonderful trip down to Nashville to stay with Brit.......

And meet up with Sweet Amy and that delectable little thing in her arms, who I finally got to love in person.......

And I got to spend all weekend with them, and romp around Nashville with them. I love them, because of the years of memories I shared with them, and the people they are. They are the good kind. There wasn't any run-ins with stars. But there was a lot of awesome honky tonk bars filled with people trying to make it as stars. There was good food. There was absurdly awkward giggling as I tried to find my ID in my overstuffed mom wallet. There was catching up, and reminiscing, and hair cuts. There were important people missing. There was sight-seeing in the rain. There was amazement as we explored the massive southern estates, old plantations and slave quarters. There were miracles.
Mostly there was the realization that life puts certain people in our path for a reason.....because we needed them, to walk that part of the path with us.
Oh and there was a sparkling clean house when I came home....and the kids were bathed. I hate/love when he does my job better than me.
Ok I'm going to go more love than hate.








1 comment:

Jenny Hatch said...

Someone loved this post, me. AND I love that you used the phrase "romp around." Maybe I am secretly jealous that I didn't get anything like 5 (I am counting Liz) cherished friends in the "eric goes to graduate school" bargain. And I like talking to you on the phone about your trip even more than reading about it. I'm keeping you.