Friday, October 30, 2009

And "Hair's" the truth......

Every other time I have been pregnant I get to a point in my pregnancy where I feel the desire to drastically cut off my hair. I'm sure this is some sub-conscious desire to have some sort of control over pretty much the only place I have any control on my changing body. Who knows, all I know is that it happens every time and this time is no different. Well maybe a little different. I promised myself I would make no rash decisions while pregnant and would wait and see how I felt after the baby came. Still the desire didn't go away.
And this my friends is where having a daughter is a wonderful thing.
Olivia came home from school one day last week and was pretty sweaty after having PE right before school got out. I capitalized on this and asked her if she wanted my friend Brit, who happened to be spending the day hanging out with me, to cut her hair. She readily agreed. So here it is. I'm loving it. She loves it.....mostly because she gets to do her own hair in the morning, and I'm feeling like I got it out of my system. I never understood the concept of living vicariously through your children before.......maybe now it makes more sense.


12 comments:

Gaylene said...

She and the HAIR cut are absolutely adorable.

TyandMar said...

Very cute. I always think bobs look adorable on little girls.

Linda Doll said...

The haircut does look great on her, but Olivia could probably pull-off bald just as easily - she's beautiful! Also I don't think I've commented for a while on your other posts . . . those fall pics of the other kids were equally adorable (Luke was darling in that cap!) and Sophie Kate could steal anyone's heart. You sure have great "kid" genes! Can't wait to meet the one in the oven! Oh and did I tell you congrats on your next phase of schooling? All of this will be soooo worth it Carly - hang in there and keep up with the great parenting. In your efforts to escape from the cramped indoors into the great outdoors you are also making some priceless childhood memories for you kids! Those will stay with them forever.

CaseyLee said...

Okay Olivia, you are officially THAT girl with THAT hair! It is perfect! I bet it just bounces so wonderfully when you walk... can't wait to see it at Thanksgiving!

Love you!

Aunt Casey

Wes and Jess said...

I am going to have to show Morgan. Now he will like her even more. Hey congrats on the decision to move to Kentucky(sorry so slow in commenting!) Although I'd rather it be Utah...----but there is much to look forward to as well, we will plan some fun races for the future!

Heather Coon said...

I think she takes after her aunt Casey in this department, so full and perfectly rounded! I'm jealous!

Jess said...

LOVE IT!

Elizabeth said...

Very cute!

Momma Stef said...

I agree cute hair Livy... and I say hooray for moms who spend the time showing their children how to imbrace life and find happiness in simple imaginative play, and wonder at God's creations....I had a mother like that, and it was wonderful!

cragun family said...

SOOOO cute. Seriously, she is darling. Love the cut!!!!

spudette said...

Very cute!

Erica Johnston said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!