It was amazing, we pretty much had the canyon all to ourselves, without a tantrum or time out in sight. Breathtakingly quiet.
At one point when the rapids were fairly strong Ben said to me
"Hey if you walk right next to me, It'll break up the current for you."
This kind of made me smile, OK if you hate cheesy metaphors....get in line behind my husband and bear with me for a minute. I didn't tell him this at the time, and he has probably stopped reading this by now because if there is any thing he hates more than cheesy metaphors it's public attention but nevertheless here it goes. Back to the current, it pretty much sums up the last nine years. I tend to be slightly dramatic, easily excited maybe a little loud and obnoxious.......it's safe to say that I can get carried away. Ben is just the opposite...he's very steady, quietly good and anchored. Between the two of us he is every one's favorite, this doesn't bother me one tiny bit, he's mine too. Walking next to him really has kept me from getting swept away by little things that come up in life. He truly does make the "currents" easier to walk through. Ok Ben, I'm done, I promise.
Someone knows the way to this girl's heart......thanks but I'll pass on fancy gifts, a weekend in the slot canyons under a brilliant blue sky while you listen to me talk...and talk....umm yes please I'll have some more of that.













10 comments:
Fabulous Pix. Again, you have outdone yourself in nature. It is beautiful. Isnt your Annv. Aug 4, if I remember correctly?
Benj, your self portrait wasn't half bad either!!! ha ha!
I love Zion's! We couldn't go in the narrows because it was a dangerous time of year, so I'm glad I got to see it in your pictures!
I have ALWAYS wanted to do that. I need to hang out with you more often! Can I crash your next anniversary. :)
Seriously...Pregnant you did this Pregnant! You are in lOVE..with the canyons and Ben. Glad you had a great late anniversary.
Maybe we could do this together someday. Please come back to Utah soon...or I'll move to Oregon, just give me a few more years!
Happy late anniversary! I am glad you had such a good time. And have I told you that after all these years you and Ben are still one of my favorite couples together. You are just perfect for each other and I love you both!
Your my kind of girl! Happy AV!
Very sweet & very fun!
I totally relate. My favorite post yet.
I agree with Jess....favorite post to date! Perfect anniversary trip....one that is now officially on "the list" to do!
Glad you got a chance to go.
Casey
This may be my favorite post of all time. Benj and Carly + the narrows=happiness. On a sacle from 1 to 10 I like you guys together a lot. (Try saying that to B,he'll love it).
Post a Comment