Today I was thinking that since Olivia is back in school I should probably be doing something educational with Luke and Sophie Kate, while I was thinking this Luke and his accomplice were in my closet doing that. Oh well, I thought, somewhere in all that destruction I'm sure there was some kind of educational lesson learned.....and since they were working together to tear up the closet instead of each other, I chalked it up to good mothering and called it a day on lessons taught.I've really been trying to encourage Luke's softer side lately, in general I try to discourage any type of violence, but sometimes at night when I'm getting ready for bed I think about an incident that happened a few weeks ago and I can't help but smile.....Luke was playing with some cousins and he happened to have a long bread bag full of dirt (yeah, I don't know why either) anyway one of his cousins pushed him, and Luke turned around and swung that bag of dirt over his head and hit him in the back with it while yelling "OH NO, NOT TODAY FOLKS." I might have laughed, but I promise that he had a very serious time-out.....very serious.
5 comments:
That will go down as one of my all-time favorite stories. I still get a kick out of it. I was trying to tell someone the other day and I couldn't hardly get the "not today folks" out because I was laughing so hard thinking about it.
I don't know though.... that closet is making ME hyperventilate.... just thinking of cleaning it and re-organizing.
I'll come fly down and do it for you??? :)
Casey
Are you sure you don't have a child named Austin? This sounds familiar. Maybe I should send him to you for a little work on the softer side. It's not working here!
I love that story of Luke standing up for himself. It just made me think of how Josh constantly gets pushed down by his older friends and cousins and although I don't want him to be violent either part of me wants him to be able to defend himself just like Luke did. Is that so bad?
Bummer. It is 24 min. passed my absolute latest time I would stay up reading blogs...why did I not start with yours? T is on call at the hospital tonight and I promised I would not stay up unti 2 am like last time when I ended up paging him after deciding that there was a boogie man hiding somewhere in my 1100 sq ft home. He did finally call me and I said, "oh are you awake", in an innocent 10 pm-ish sort of voice. So alas, I laughed, nearly cried and was joy-filled by the last 3 mths of your life. The Oregan coast calls to me, the narrows call to me. So glad you got to go even though you already got to "order a pizza". Don't you worry about those big life decisions and adulthood. Peter Pan turned out OK didn't he?
I loved your cheezy met. about Ben and feel the same way...about my husband of course. :) Love always...until we live next door and pick raspberries together.
I stil laugh about this once a week or so, and find myself quoting your Luke when I feel bugged at someone.
Post a Comment