(excerpt from last nights scripture study)Setting: Living room
Characters: the children
Course of study: Book of Mormon, Jacob chapter 7, where he is testifying to Sherem of the reality of Jesus Christ.
Cut to scene.....Mom reading, Dad telling Luke to stop bothering Sophie Kate, Olivia doing a headstand off the couch....
Olivia: "ok so let me get this straight, Sherm is a bad guy right...and so he just falls over dead, just like that?
Luke: Who's Sherm?
Olivia: " Oh that's Mom's uncle"
Mom: " No, not Sherm...his name is Sherem, please just listen ok."
Sophie Kate: "stop Uke"
Dad: " don't put your feet on her Luke"
Luke: " Olivia are you ever going to get me a frog?"
Olivia: "Luke, I told you, these things take time."
Mom: still reading.....
Olivia:"you know what mom?"
Mom: (mom stops reading, hoping this is when her child will share a great gospel understanding that has just occurred to her...)
Olivia "......I was just thinking, that when I grow up and become a lady and I have hair growing under my arms, I don't think I'm going to cut it, I think I'll just let it grow nice and long and flowey."
umm yeah, new strategy.......I think tonight I will just wait until they are asleep and lay the scriptures open across their foreheads. y'know give old osmosis a go at it.
16 comments:
bwahhh!!!!!! Bwahhhhhh!!! There should be a book about family nights gone bad and this should be the introduction!
I love it!
Okay I know you just posted...don't think I'm some crazy stocker of yours (alright you can if you want) but i just happened to be on here and checked your blog. Where does she come up with these things...honestly?? Has she seen yours slipping out from your shirt?? Ha ha.. just kidding! That's pretty funny though~
Too funny!
Thanks for sharing. Love it! Your kids are a hoot! Good luck with that!! :)
That was hilarious! I was laughing out loud!
This is laugh out loud hilarious, and great too if uncle Sherm is really one of your uncles. You cald maybe role play Uncle Sherm as Sherem one time.
You have lived in Las Vegas way too long for Olivia--she is becomeing a woman of the world--I didn't talk about this kid of stuff til I was, say, oh 16 or so---where does she come up with it? Lucky us to have her though--she keeps us all laughing.
Oh Carly - if didn't know Olivia personally I would swear you're making this up! What great material she is giving you for that book you are going to write one day. How pleased I am to be married to THAT Uncle Sherm mentioned in the Book of Mormon!
Olivia is a hoot! Can I hang out with her? She cracks me up.
Thanks for sharing the scripture reading attempt--sounds all too familiar.
I can always count on your blog to give me a good laugh! Keep up the good work :)
So funny.... just think it's the thought that counts... right?:)
If you move to Augusta, GA its only about 5 hours from us!! That's not far, compared to 5 states its nothing! Let us know when you find out, we'll definately have to do a road trip. Savannah, GA is in the middle, I heard that its really nice. (look at me making plans already) Wouldn't it be fun to drive up and see Heather in NY???...ok, ok I'll stop, Let us know!!
I just had to write this to you-- somehow we were on the subject of girlfriends this morning and morgan has never mentioned one before but he said he had one but couldn't remember her name. I listed a bunch of his friends but no. He said they had played at one my friends house, he pushed her on a big swing from a tree and she really like him. I still couldn't figure it out. Then he said it was really easy to find roly polys there because nature was all around us. Then I remember visiting with you at your moms house and I said, "is it Olivia?" He said excitedly, "Yes!!"
She must have made a pretty great impression on him!
Ha, ha! That's pretty good.
Hey, I tried your spinach smoothies today and they were a WINNER! We had them for breakfast and lunch and I wanted to even have one for dinner. Yeah, I know you posted about that forever ago, but I'm a little slow...
Your kids crack me up! The beginning part sounds like our FHEs...kids bugging each other, one doing headstands off the couch. But my kids don't come up with such funny things as Olivia...she is such a ham!
Oh, and does armpit hair even get long and "flowey?" Long and nappy is more like it!
I am dying laughing!!! Kids are such a sweet blessing aren't they. I do believe that it's Heavenly Fathers way of humoring himself!!
Post a Comment