Tuesday, May 26, 2009


I've been thinking about her today. It's one of those lonely days when you just want to crawl onto your mom's lap and have her tell you every thing's ok. My mom has always made me feel like I'm ok. I really like her and I miss her. These are just some of the reasons I love her.

My mom is an optimist. Especially when it comes to me. She thinks I have perfect pitch. Anyone who sits within three benches of me in church will tell you otherwise.

She isn't afraid of embarrassing herself, if it makes us happy. When Casey and I would go out for a winter run, we thought it was really funny to throw ourselves into the snow bank when cars would go past...y'know so they would think they hit us. I know my mom thought this was stupid, and well yeah I kind of see her point, but still when we asked her to do it too, she did.

Did I mention my mom sees the good in everything...and everybody. Last year our Relief Society was having a talent auction. After a few days I came to the conclusion I had no marketable skills or talents. Zero. Nothing to offer. I found this slightly upsetting. I called my mom. She thought for a moment and said "your fun........I mean maybe you could offer to be some one's friend for a day, I'd bid on that."

Of course you would Mother.

This would have been a really sweet moment if not for the fact that Ben had actually fallen off the couch laughing when he heard this.

I could use a little peek through her rose covered glasses.
And I would sing at the top of my imperfect voice to see her walk through my door today.

8 comments:

A.J said...

That's so sweet!

TyandMar said...

Oh my goodness, you guys are twiners!! I seriously thought that was you, Carly, for about 5 seconds until I started reading the script. Your mom's a beauty, just like you! Oh and thanks for making Tyler feel justified in his last post, you made his day by your comment! :)

Unknown said...

I feel your pain...I haven't seen my mother in 1 1/2 years. And chances are I won't see my family for another year. Take advantage of living so close. It could be worse!

thebarrusfamily said...

SOunds like she's a great mom. I hope my kids can say those things about me when they are older.

Natty said...

I hope you're feeling better today! What a beautiful mother you have. You look just like her!

Jess said...

Carly, not only do you looks So much like your Mom, but you have ALL of the trait and characteristics that you just blogged about. YOU are all of those things and we are all blessed to have you as a friend.

I am sorry that you were having a hard day. We love you.
If you ever need a Mom "hug" Derick's mom lives in Vegas.... (lol). She might even cook you up a GREAT Filipino meal while you are there!

Linda Doll said...

Isn't it funny how we can see wonderful traits in others and can sometimes be blind to our own? What you said about your mom was VERY true. She is a beautiful person inside & out . . .and. . . you are just like her! As far as talents . . . I keep waiting for that book about the Adventures of Olivia that you are going to write!

Kelly said...

I could hear your main man's laughter when you mentioned it but only because I love his laugh. Your mom is beyond amazing. I agree with her. Who's kidding who, being your friend for a day would be a pick-me-up for anyone. Benj can laugh because you are his friend for eternity and you can bet your buns he wouldn't change that for anything!!! I say that you could easy auction off your healthy recipe's and how to cook healthier. I would go for that and it would be a bonus that maybe you would have to be my friend for a day as you showed me how. I could give you 5 more things that just popped into my head if you want. Love you Carly Baby!