I really miss this little guy.
His daddy took him camping for the weekend.
His daddy took him camping for the weekend.
It's really quiet with him gone.
I was kind of looking forward to that.
I thought it would be nice to lay down and read
without being tackled.
I was wrong.
I miss his energy.
With his gone, mine feels zapped.
I miss him racing me to every door.
I miss him asking me superhero questions.
I miss his laugh.
I miss him climbing in my lap.
I might even miss hearing his sisters squeal
as he chases them down the hall.
I wasn't exactly the most patient with him
and his ummm.... energy this week.
I guess I forgot it takes energy to light up a room.
It's awful dim around here.
I miss his brightness.
It's only been one night,
but I didn't get to hear him yell from his bed that he
"loved me the most...but daddy the mostest"
I'll tell ya, I'd rather be this little boy's second place
than any other little boy's first.
4 comments:
What a fantastic post! I loved that last line, and it's so true. Their absence sure makes us realize how much we adore them.
The pictures on mine are of bair canyon, there is the bair gutsman race on Aug. 1 if you will be in town. it goes all the way up, you would love it if you haven't already done it!
You're such a great Mom, it shows in your blogs your pictures and your adorable kids! Happy Mother's Day my sweet cousin! Love ya!
Just LOVE ya Carly. You look a lot like your beautiful mom in these pics. You better be making another trip to Utah. I have yet to meet beautiful SK and Little luke was so little when I met him. Can't wait to see you, whenever that may be.
Ben,
So happy you like your job. It's probably a good thing you do after all that schooling. I am sure all the toothless people in Oregon will like you too in a couple years. As for me, well I liked you before you were a dentist, so I guess I can still like you know.
CHEERS!
Amy
Post a Comment