
This morning we woke up, had a little pow-wow and all came up with one word...
Olivia: "out"
Luke: "out"
Mom: "out"
Sophie Kate: "up" (her vocabulary is fairly limited)
We decided to accommodate everyone and head "out" and "up" for the day. The kiddos needed to burn off some energy and I needed some wide open space to sort through my thoughts from conference. We hiked, jumped off rocks and talked about our favorite things. These little ones are three of mine. They were such troopers, we hiked straight up with some serious boulder climbing for three hours. All the way to the top, little legs pumping without complaint...I think I'll keep em.
On the way down Luke was holding my hand and he says to me "families can be buddies too huh mom."
Yeah they can buddy.








9 comments:
You're amazing! I totally envy you! Can't wait to see you in July. I'm so glad you mentioned it, I just booked a flight to NC and almost booked it around the Utah picnic.
You are such a cool mom!!
Thank you for being that kind of Mom to our kids!
Ben
What a cute mom!! You sure know the way to their hearts.
YOU are the real trooper here!!! What kind of Mom does that??? I am SO impressed. What a fun mom you are.
We are coming in July. Will you be in town?
Wow Carly you are such a fun mom! Some of my best memories growing up was going to southern utah and hiking in Arch's. your kids will have such great memories!
I wish I were there to hike with you, My little grandkids are so lucky to have a tree hugging, back-pack lugging, outdoor rec. major for a mom. You love everything like that just like your mom and we got it from grandma Jo and great grandma Lila.
Love ya mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
You ROCK- no pun intended- hah! I can't believe you do this by yourself. I need you as a friend- closer- like next door!
this is Sarah Burtenshaw Redd. okay, i found you blog-hopping, but i'm glad i did, your blog made me smile. your family is beautiful and it sounds like you have enjoyed your time in Vegas. when's your husband done? Matt's in Med. School in Glendale, AZ and we're just finishing 3rd year. if you want to check out my blog e-mail me @ sarahsredd@gmail.com, i'm private. Take care and good luck to you and your fam!
Post a Comment