Ever since I was sixteen my dream job was to be the Travel Channel's Backpack girl. I even put this as my career goal on my file in the counselor's office in college. Well life took other turns and I am quite happy in my new dream job but I cannot seem to come to peace with the Travel Channel. A few months ago they introduced a new show that as far as I can tell has replaced the Backpack girl. This new show features an ex-playboy bunny(Bridget) running around the globe in a bikini. This show drives me crazy. Literally I find myself talking to the screen in harsh tones and clenching my hands every time it's on. As you recall I have been spending most nights alone(see previous posts) and without Ben to tell me that it really doesn't matter, I find myself getting all riled up.
Now as far as I can tell this gal has only two qualifications for this job, and they are ridiculously huge*. I have no problem with them hiring an attractive girl to host the show but she should at least be interested in the outside world, possibly have a some personality. Ideally it would nice if she could competently do any of the amazing adventures she gets to try. If I might be so picky, is it too much to ask that she at least be able to carry on a conversation with someone. So far her best dialogue has gone something like this........ "oh really" "oh wow" "oh that's so cool" "oh how am I supposed to do this" "oh is my bikini too small for this"
This girl has no concept of culture and nor does she try to understand the native people, who all seem to be trying not to laugh her out of their country. Perhaps I'm being a little harsh, I realize this is her first time out of the Playboy mansion and I'm sure she is experiencing culture shock being around normal people. But I have a hard time believing there wasn't someone much more qualified and interesting who applied for the job.
Please Travel Channel. I'm losing respect. Fast.
I will let this go now. I just had to get it off my (Chest*). In her defense I'm not exactly perfect at my job either and well yesterday when I handed Olivia her dinner and she said "Mom, this kind of tastes like somebody who is misbehaving" all I could say was "oh really". I admit it, I was baffled, see Bridget I don't always understand the natives either.
4 comments:
TOOOOO Funny! You Always crack me up!
I TOTALLY AGREE! You would be such the better hostess. That girl is so fake and now I don't watch it anymore, she is all chest and nothing else. It's so annoying to watch her too. Sam is pretty good, but I still think you would have me laughing way more. Funny ---I thought I was the only one who thought that! I miss watching the travel channel together!
You are so funny, Carly. I never saw the backpack girl, but I can just imagine how annoying the new girl is.
You would make a great backpack girl! You should apply for that job part time once all your kiddos are in school. It's right up your ally. Oh and I love that you make me laugh at one in the morning when I am a little delirious and giddy, it makes it all the more fun!
Post a Comment