The other day Ben shared with me an experience that I found very poignant.
He doesn't usually write things down.
I do.
I do.
I don't want to forget it, it taught me a great lesson.
A lesson that I have a hunch I will probably need to learn again and again.
I'm complicated that way.
When you're married you can plagiarize experiences, I'm pretty sure that's in the rules somewhere.
A lesson that I have a hunch I will probably need to learn again and again.
I'm complicated that way.
When you're married you can plagiarize experiences, I'm pretty sure that's in the rules somewhere.
We were watching a late night talk show,
Ben had the thought
"what a life, how would it be to walk into a room
and have people stand up and cheer
just because you walked in."
A few days later Ben came home from school,
I could tell from his face he had a long day.
He walked in the door and Sophie Kate
turned around from her book
and started clapping and calling his name.
He looked at me, for the sake of a good story
I'm going to say a little misty eyed. His face said it all.
What a life huh.
I think as mothers, particularly stay-at-home mothers,
we all struggle at some point with this need.
The need to be noticed.
To feel like we still matter, to someone.
In a world that lives for accolades, the daily life of a
The need to be noticed.
To feel like we still matter, to someone.
In a world that lives for accolades, the daily life of a
mother can sometimes make you feel forgotten.
It occurred to me this week,
a little tender mercy for my heart,
that when my sweet baby claps for me and smiles at me...
.....she's not the only angel in the room who's clapping.
It occurred to me this week,
a little tender mercy for my heart,
that when my sweet baby claps for me and smiles at me...
.....she's not the only angel in the room who's clapping.

5 comments:
Wow.... that's all I can say.
Well said, Carly! You brought a little tear to my eye!
Have I ever told you you should be a writer? Yes...I always think it when I read your post, because you are amazing and I wish I could write I how felt like you do. I love reading your blog and it always inspires me or just plain makes me laugh! And don't worry if you come to my house again I will cheer for you as soon as you walk in the door.
~I love that you know just how to say what we are all feeling! You REALLY should consider writing, your blogs are my favorite to read! Thanks for making me feel like i'm not alone in my silly thoughts. Love ya!
That has got to be the cutest story ever!!!! I love it and love you guys so much :) I just want to come to Vegas and squeeze you all!!!
Your family pictures have got to be the most beautiful pictures ever!!! Love ya, Christal
Post a Comment