Saturday, August 11, 2012

William Hawkeye.........

Our little Will. Born on a beautiful day in July. A loooooong beautiful day in July. Things just didn't seem to go my way during this entire delivery. It was rough and after a full day of labor I was wheeled  into the OR for an emergency c-section.  I kept saying to the Dr. "this isn't how I do this, I have done this four times and it's not supposed to go like this."
Apparently during an emergency no one cares what "you" usually do.
It wasn't perfect.
But he is.
And he is here. In my arms. And the world is right.
He is a little breath of heaven.
A reminder of all that really matters.
I have never known a peace as sweet as holding him against my face.
Heaven.
William Hawkeye.......Welcome to the world my sweet baby boy.







13 comments:

TyandMar said...

Oh Carly! He is soooooooo beautiful! Those cheeks! So so sweet! He looks healthy so despite your terrible experience he came through on top! I'm sorry you had such a crazy labor. It just teaches us that life doesn't always go as planned! Just like me prego with twins! So so crazy. Enjoy that sweet boy. They only stay little for a millisecond!

Erica Johnston said...

Oh He's GORGEOUS!! congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You guys continue to produce the cutest kids. I'm glad everything ended up ok, hope you are feeling better Carly. Tell Ben to facetime me, we need to catch up. Miss you guys!

Kimberli said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He's a handsome little guy. And it looks like you have some pretty thrilled siblings (and parents too, of course :). Sorry the delivery was so long. Cole's was like that as well (ended in emergency c-section) and it was rough -- physically and emotionally. And I remember the doctors saying the same thing you were thinking, "its not supposed to go this way." But the good thing about c-sections is they come out with great shaped heads. And it looks like that's the case with Will. :)

Wish I could vacuum for you or something else that takes stomach muscles (who knew?). Take care and pass on a big congrats to Benji as well.

Stacee said...

Congrats to you, beautiful cousin!!! What a darling little baby boy, love those chubby cheeks!!! I wish you a quick recovery!
Love you lots!

Natty said...

Thanks for posting Carly! I was hoping to see your sweet baby here soon! I hope you're feeling better. He is beautiful and I love his name.

Natty said...

P.S. Mary Ann- I have twins and you can do it!!! I would love to talk to you if you have any questions. I have a lot of twin gear you are welcome to borrow too. Email me if you're interested. natalienmorgan@gmail.com

Heather Coon said...

So precious! I love that picture of Grace holding him, her smile is so adorable!! Hope you are enjoying your mom being out there, I'm sure it is a big help for you.

spudette said...

Congrats! He's a cutie pie! Enjoy him! Love the name!

cragun family said...

Carly, I know the feeling. My number 4 was the 'abnormal' one. But mine was known a week ahead. Just more stress and tears So i sympathise with you. But a c section isn't all that bad, come to find out. It's just different. But the objective was met and he is a beautiful boy!!! Congrats

Momma Stef said...

he is beautiful, and sweet as can be...I know first hand what my Carly went through...it's tough on moms too. Will, I love you and miss you snuggling during the olympics. Carly you have a wonderful family I love each one...help mom and be happy...Livy, Luke, Sophie, and Grace.

Sarah said...

What a precious little babe. I hope you are getting stronger every day. Sorry about the C-section, but I'm glad little Will is healthy. Good luck and keep on truckin'.

Unknown said...

Aw, this made me emotional to read and see the pictures of your beautiful baby. Congratulations! I've got to get another one of those! He is adorable, way to go!