Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Smitten Kitten...........

"Remember when I used to be an athlete?" I asked Ben
"No, not really" he answered
"But remember when I could do stuff besides lay on the couch?"
"yeah," he says "things will get better."

This has been a long, slow, recovery.  I haven't done much except watch the Olympics and hold my baby.  I feel impatient with my body. But my heart is so content to do nothing but gaze into his eyes all day.  I'm so smitten. 
He is so beautiful.  I have a lot of catch up to do not just on this blog but life in general. But y'know how being in love goes........c'est la vie.







3 comments:

Stacee said...

I would be smitten too! What a cute little guy! I love his chubby cheeks! Recovery from a c-section is no the most fun thing, but it will get better, just hang in there and at least you have this adorable newborn babe to cuddle with all day!
Looking at these pictures makes me feel like I can endure these last few weeks of my pregnancy. It's worth it.....right?!?! (of course it is)
I love you cousin and will send some speedier recovery prayers your way. Lots of love!!!
Stace

Ben & Carly said...

Cute Stacee you just made my day! of course you can do it...hang in there, I miss you! someday all our babies will get to actually meet right? love ya back

Andrew and Amelia Kynaston said...

Oh he is so cute! I've often thought this is how Mormons fall in love over and over in their lives. Instead of having multiple relationships, we just have one, and then have lots of kids, experiencing the thrill of falling in love again and again :-)