For pretty much everyone but me. Kentucky is on the( hopefully) last day of the longest, hottest heat wave since 1936.......as in Depression Era. Add being 9 months pregnant....yep, it's awesome.
It's pretty much brought my productivity to a screaming halt. Except when it comes to popsicles, I'm still pretty productive in that department.
Luckily Ben has been home and I have only needed to drag myself along as he has kept the kids happy and entertained.
The fourth of July found us up early and at the Gorge trying to beat the heat and get in as much climbing as possible. The whole way up the hike I kept thinking of the line "and the big, brown, bear came Lo-laping up the mountain." (if you can name that movie, you're awesome).
There was one 5 day stretch that Ben was out of town for work. You might be wondering if I died while he was gone. I didn't. The answer to my prayers came in the form of my kindred spirit cousin Katie Lila who has been a life saver in my life on more than one occasion since we were small. Her and I are good together. We stay up way too late and discuss deep issues. Alone I have a hard time making decisions at the grocery store. Together we can wisely solve world problems while making popcorn. The added bonus to our girlhood friendship is watching our little girls form one of their own. They are just like us. Maybe not as wise.
As I sit here tonight I can hear the rain finally start to fall on the parched, desperate ground. It makes me smile. I love the rain. I need to stretch out on the soft grass and get my thoughts in order and my spirit ready to welcome this new life. A reconnection to my beloved earth. The couch and I don't actually get along that well.
Neither do my non-indoor children. They need fresh air. A fact I have learned this past month....heat waves=arguing, and dissatisfaction with the snack options in our house. This fact alone has made us regulars every day at the YMCA pool where I preform the amazing feat of shoving myself into my swimsuit and then parading past a never failing crowd of flat out starers.
And Luke preforms his newest feat....a running swan dive.
His is cuter.
Trust me.
Happy rainy night. Pour, pour away.
Sunday, July 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment