It's late here in Kentucky. I'm tired but too uncomfortable to sleep. My mind is fuzzy and my heart is thousands of miles away across the country on her first solo trip with Grandma and Grandpa.
I miss her like crazy.
When did she grow old enough to do this?
I feel like a part of me is walking around somewhere else and I'm not used to this amputated feeling.
I wish she was here, but I wish more I was there.
Meanwhile all her wishes are coming true.
She's in heaven.
Pampered, adored and doted on.
Relishing in her love language of choice....Attention.
I miss her like crazy.
The worst thing is the other kids just keep looking at me as if I'm expected to do something like entertain them.
I haven't done that for years.
We are all kind of at odds around these parts.
I miss her like crazy.
But despite that fact there is something that warms my heart sharing her with people I love.
She has grown up so much these past couple of years and it makes me happy that they get to spend time with her and all her vivacious charm. She is a presence that must be experienced.
I miss her like crazy.
I'm counting down days.
The upside?
Her bedroom has never stayed clean this long before.
Hurry home Livy Lou,
I miss you like crazy.
Monday, June 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
The upsides are prettt good round these parts. :)
I wish you were here too! Sorry you are uncomfortable ....that is a stinky part of the last couple of months.
Booking my flight today (you better be a wreck so I can fullfill sisterly duties of helping even though the baby will practically going to kindergarten by the time I get there).
Oh Carly, I can't believe she is so big and traveled all alone. I wouldn't even dare do that myself:) Wish you were here too! Good luck getting through those last wonderful months of pregnancy!
My mom said she came over and played her guitar for them! I'm sure it's hard having your oldest/"helper" gone. Holly was going to go to her cousin's for a few days this past week but we decided not to have her go. I think I was more scared to let her go than she would have been!!
Post a Comment