Thursday, August 11, 2011
Well They're Gone.......
Which is insane. Back in my day August was still considered summertime. I'm morally against alarm clocks so today was hard for me. I'm also morally against sending my children off into a world in which they seem not to need me as much. I guess I'm morally against them growing up all together. They don't seem to care about my opinion because they just grow up more rapidly every year. They smiled and ran to school with their friends. I cried then my dragged my feet behind them. And so another year starts........and I have to remind myself again, this is the way life is suppossed to be. Babies don't stay babies. Milestones, changes, growth...they are good and necessary things, but sometimes painful. 3rd and 1st grade. Wow, how the heck did they get this old?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Wow! I can't believe how big they are either and that they start school so early! You've done good work Carly! Your family is beautiful!
Oh my goodness. I only have 1 week left with Jack. I think it just hit me. Wow, way to start the floodgates. I can't believe summer is almost over. :(. Your kiddos look dang cute in 1st day of school clothes- love it!
Oh wow! They are sooooooo beautiful and handsome! and soooooo big!
Rockin' backpacks guys!
Really wanted to talk with you guys yesterday about how the first day was.....tell the old parentals to get new cell phones :)
Aunt Casey
I feel your pain! August is WAY to early to start school. :(
Oh I am not looking forward to this day. In my final weeks I have been playing a lot with the kids and I took them to cherry hill, which was a great time. But there is the pirate pool with his little slide, and I decided to take Brooklyn down it, week it wasn't pretty, it might have involved spinning crying scramming baby and a little humiliation on my part. But as I sat up and saw the sympathetic (muffled laughing) of moms around me, I did see cute Casey. She had her kids at the pool with maybe her mother in law. Yep, that happened. I was going to grab her at lunch and say hi, when my pride wasn't completely depleted, but she must have left. Oh the joys of parenthood.
Olivia and luke look darling! Hang in there!
Amy that story made me laugh right out loud....but I refuse to put lol. I can just picture it, that's one beauty of living far away, no one knows who you are in moments of humiliation! I'm sure Casey wasn't laughing...and she would have loved to say hi to you. I wouldn't have laughed either, seeing it happen would just make me love you more because you are so much like me.
Kimberli
thanks for the sympathy but you live in Hawaii so I still feel more sorry for me.
Casey
I will pass the message on to my kids and yes I'm going to get my phone fixed today.
Sarah...happy to share tears with you!
Stacee
I'm glad you think I'm doing a good job, that's because you live clear across the country and can't see my mistakes. sometimes i wish I was in your shoes and could start all over with them little. it really does go so fast
Post a Comment