
Olivia has been issusing citations left and right around here lately...
yesterday we were at Target looking for a birthday party gift for her friends party. Of course every 5 min Olivia would ask if she could get something too. well this is where I pull out the classic mom speech about...how it is not your day and sometimes we think about others and not ourselves. I was pretty smug about how the whole thing went over, I mean there is nothing like teaching a life lesson in the middle of the store and not having any arguing back. So we move along to the check out stand and on my way my eye catches the clothes department and I quickly take a detour to a rack of shirts. No sooner had I picked one up and here is Olivia with a big smile on her face saying "Oh I don't think so missy, it is not your day. Sometimes it just isn't about you is it?" well I was kind of taken back and I said "Olivia we have a few minutes and I am just looking" so she took the shirt out of my hands and said "I'm sorry, are you feeling jealous? well your not getting anything today mamm."
Ouch, sassy little thing.
Lest you think I am the only one...
Today was the final of the PGA championship. Anyone who knows Ben knows that not only was this a major but Sergio was still in the running on a sunday. Ben is sneaking into the back to turn on the TV and catch a glimpse, when Olivia spots him and says "Daddy Heavenly Father is angry with you, well maybe just dissapointed. Today is a family day and you know you shouldn't be watching TV."
Chastized Ben turns off the TV, but a few minutes later he tries to jump on the computer(the suspense is KILLLING him) only to have Olivia come marching in and say "and no internet either, I mean it. It's a family day."
Ouch again...she keeps us on our toes.
7 comments:
OH I love stories like this. I don't know if my kids can throw around as much attitude, but I love hearing that other parents get a good ear full every once in a while too.
Love ya Carly....were you like that at all when you were little.
That is a really funny story! We haven't gotten to that no arguing back stage. Lane just wants everything. Just yesterday at the zoo, I finally convinced her that we were not going to buy the purple monkey on a rack outside of the gift shop (this took about 30 min by the way) and then she spots a girl with an eyore fanny pack and begs for me to buy her one for the next 45 minutes. She doesn't even know who Eyore is!!
This girl makes me laugh right out loud! I've made everyone I know listen to me read this to them....I actually called a friend under false pretenses and somehow wiggled this story in to show of my darling niece! I loved it!
Oh Carly . . . I laughed 'til I cried when I read Olivia's latest quotable quote! Honestly, just WHERE does she come up with her material?? I've heard from a very reliable source that the apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree :-) All kidding aside, you have an amazing story telling ability - you really ought to be writing a chapter book with Olivia cast as the main character . . . it would be a wonderful change of pace from some of the predictable LDS literature that is out there!! Meantime, just know that you are raising no ordinary spirit and she will be unstoppable in her sphere of influence!!
So true, you should feel great about what you're teaching her. Just remember, you're gonna get it all back!
Greg and I have laughed about this at least once a day since you posted it. I can't believe the sass. It's hilarious.
(Still giggling) What a funny little lady your Livie is (chuckling) I just love the life and razzmitaz that little girl has in her. She's gonna make you guys holy-n-stuff.
Post a Comment