So somehow I woke up and my baby was a kindergartener, how did this happen? I swear yesterday Olivia was two and now she is going off to school. I could wax philisophical about how this is officially when I have to start letting go, how I no longer have control over everything she comes in contact with...about how every year from now on I will have to let go a little more. I could say that it took everything in me not to hang around outside that door and make sure she was ok. I could say that I wish I could have these past five years back when she was only mine because I am pretty sure I didn't know what I was doing and I think I could do it better.
I could say a thousand things and never really be able to put into words how I felt today, but in the end it doesn't matter. One look at her face told me this is how it is supossed to be, she is ready...she hardly even looked back. She just hugged Luke and said "Don't worry Lukey, I will probably have a day off...y'know like spring break or something."
So here is my baby girl.....growing up.


7 comments:
I'm right with you cousin, we send Carson off in a week and I can't hardly believe it! You summed it up pretty well, they're ready (we're not!)
I just have a total "thing" for this girl! It was the perfect first day of kindergarten post. I seriously got teary eyed :)
See you tomorrow! (I love saying that)
I love your wordage above, can I borrow it to go on my post when Micah starts Kindergarten?
Your awesome Carly, i love you!
Whaaat?! Olivia in school? Didn't we just get together for the first time and Olivia was like one year old?
I was going to say the same thing as Marne. I think I met you when Olivia was about 18 months old. How did she get so big?? She is adorable!
Beautifully expressed, Carly - it is truly the lament of every Kindergarter's mother . . . I do believe it is less traumatic as the others follow in line, however. I think my favorite part is seeing how much they love this new chapter in their lives.
I can't believe how time just goes by so quickly!!!! I love you and your family so much, you, Ben, Olivia, Like and little Sophie!! I would spend all my nights and weekends at your house if you lived near :) I would like you to know though that I think we are going to drive down there this October, yeah!!!! I really do miss you guys and I only hope one day to have a cute littel family like yours. Love ya Christal
Post a Comment