Sunday, April 6, 2008









You know that you are students when you say " It is too expensive to get the kids pictures taken so lets just take them in the living room after church one day, throw up a back drop, how hard can it be?" Well...there is a reason why most people either take a photography class or hire a professional. Pulling out the old blue sheet from the closet to use as a black "back drop" should have been my first clue that this was not going to look like the image in my mind! Olivia took off her church dress and changed into ballet clothes, Luke would only stand there like he was taking a mug shot and there was no way we were getting them to stand there all together! Sophie kate as always rolled with the punches and smiled before rolling off the pillows and onto her face (still smiling!). Oh Well, "Ben get the mail and start looking for JC Penny photo coupons!"
The best part happened afterwards when Olivia got out her dress ups and we dressed up Sophie Kate so they could play ballet together...they were so cute just smiling at each other!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

super cute. I hear ya about the price of pictures. Plus it is a huge hassle to keep them looking descent to travel to a studio. I think the pictures look darling!!!

Kelleen said...

Holy Toledo! Greg and I just laughed when we saw how big your kids are now. It's amazing. And Sophie Kate is so darling. Feel free to visit our blog anytime gregandkellirowe.blogspot.com. It was great to hear from Ben on Sunday, and Greg really appreciated it.

CaseyLee said...

This really is a super super post! I love seeing the pictures of the kids, I actually think they candid shots turned out darling and that little Sophie is seriously all sweetness. I have a request for another post of "things Olivia and Luke have said"...those crack me up. Also, please post a picture of Ben. (that part was matt typing)

Kelleen said...

Ben what's the deal with the Sergio fan club link? Are you dating this guy? How does Carly feel about you loaning your heart out to someone else? It's a good thing you can bring cute babies into the world, because Carly would probably be shopping around by now if you didn't.

Greg

Unknown said...

Your kids are so beautiful! I think your photos are great, but maybe that is just because we don't get to the professionals hardly ever either. Maybe even never. But with such cute kids, you don't need it! Olivia's eyelashes are so thick! What a pretty girl! I am so glad I found your blog through Jenny's! I was really, really happy to read through your posts and see your adventures. It has been too long!

Jenny Hatch said...

That first picture of Sophie Kate...well, I don't think you could get any better that, not even if you went to one of those hoitie-toitie-$500-sitting-fee-places. Four words PRO-FES-SION-AL! Luke is too big. And Olivia belongs in show-biz. Tell B we're praying on him and finals. And keep the blogs coming, your doing awesome Carly!

Mom said...

Carly, Not only do I love your children, I love the way you write about them!!! You are a very clever and funny girl. Also you are not bad as a photographer. Maybe you could make some side money in your in-home studio. Thanks for the time and effort you put into this. I LOVE IT!

FarrEver Family said...

What great pics Carly! I think your kids are adorable.
So I am wondering how you get on your list of friends blogs at the top. What's a girl gotta do to be called a friend....need a kidney?
LOve ya Carly!

Kelleen said...

We are not promoting the cia at the end of our name on this blog. Sergio didn't even make the second cut in the Masters.

Greg Woods

Wes and Jess said...

Carly---are ya coming to the DHS reunion in July cuz I wanna see ya!

Wes and Jess said...

So good to hear from you! You guys look like your doing wonderful. What is your email address?

Catherine said...

I love your personal photo studio. I know this is belated but Chloe and I had such fun with all of you when we were in Vegas. Thanks for making the trip so much fun!