Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Break 2012 by number.........

Spring Break Gulf Shores Road trip 2012
6 days
1351 miles
5 states, Kentucky/Tennessee/Alabama/Mississippi/Louisiana
250...times Olivia and Luke spelled Mississippi
3 bags of apples
5 bunches of bananas
2 boxes of fruit snacks
3 boxes of granola bars
15 alligators
3 cups of sand in the shower drain
800+ cars with Kentucky plates or flags seen on the highway, the Big Blue Nation was on the move.
7 different colors of green surrounding the roadways. So very beautiful.
? number of donuts consumed at Beth's fav childhood donut shop
8 UK players Luke got to shake hands with. Including Anthony Davis and Luke's personal favorite Darius Miller.
4 free tickets given to us by an NCAA official after learning Ben and Luke had a family waiting outside.
6 happy Syndergaards watching the Wildcats in the National Championship Game all together.
72,000 Kentucky fans standing and singing "My Old Kentucky Home"
5 pairs of wet panties after letting Grace drink Gatorade in the car.
15 texts from people who saw Ben on TV.
98/140......Carly's guess of what a good blood pressure reading would be on a particularly long stretch of the drive.
1 solid hour Ben laughed about this.
4 consecutive viewings of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
6.......number of teeth the Cajun swamp tour guide had
Dozens of memories
4 tired kids
2 very tired parents
and...
1 amazing National Championship.















































10 comments:

CaseyLee said...

1...the number of teeth ben looks like he has on top in the first picture taken from off the tv. Hahahah.

Looks like it was a great trip!

Casey

Joe said...

How did you guys convince Beth to go? I'm glad you had fun!

Melanie said...

I wish I had known you were coming to New Orleans. You should have stayed with us! Glad you had fun. How lame that we didn't even go to any of the games and it was in our backyard!

Christy said...

This particular blog is 2 good 2 be forgot 10. And with that Carly, know I loved reading it and seeing the pictures. Love, Christy

Ted Paterson said...

Casey...ha ha, I never saw that until now.
Melanie....you will have to ask her if it was worth it, but I was glad she came even for the day.
Melanie.....I didn't even think about that, I would have loved to see you guys. then again when you have a bunch of kids I don't think you can technically invite yourselves as house guests! but dang it, that would have been fun. is a visit to Kentucky in your near future?
Christy....I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Ben & Carly said...

ok how the heck did I sign on as Ted on my own blog? I'm retarded...but the above comments were from me by the way!

Ben & Carly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacee said...

Sounds like a blast!!! What a fun trip and such an opportunity for all of you to be able to go to the Championship game!!!

Momma Stef said...

Soooo wonderful to be together on a road trip....I've been on too many to count growing up, but that's what memories are made of and I sure bet your kids will remember this one, as will you and Ben. Cute swimsuits, by the way!!!

Kimberli said...

What a memory!!! Loved the recap. P.S. How did I miss Benji on the TV?!? Oh yeah. I have 4 kids.