Olivia and I have been reading Pollyanna together this summer. I think this should be required reading for anyone intimately acquainted with humidity.The summer really has been pretty mild up until about 3 weeks ago when it got really bad. I just don't think knee caps were meant to sweat.
We didn't make it home as a family this summer to see the grandparents, siblings, and cousins....which was kind of hard. We miss them.
Instead we had a lot of down time to explore and spend time together.
Do you know what a gift that is?
TIME.
TOGETHER.
Honestly sometimes being a student just isn't a bad gig to have.
Almost 4 weeks of having Ben home is one of those times.
Getting the student loan papers in the mail isn't.
But the time off. Heaven.
The simplicity of this summer has been a blessing.
It allowed us to have daily adventures on our own timeline.
We fell in love with climbing in the gorge,
and I discovered 5 o'clock is actually a lovely time of day when you're husband is already home.
The "glad" game came pretty easy for me this summer.
I looked around and realized I really like the people I get to call my own.
4 comments:
We have been reading Pollyanna this summer also, I'm *glad* to remember the glad game. :) Love the 5 o'clock comment! I am glad you guys have been having so much fun.
I too like seeing the world through Pollyanna rose-colored glasses. Yep happiness is a choice, and I choose to be happy!!!
I wish we could all live in a time where life was much more simple! I love that you read all those fun books with Olivia. Can't wait til Holly is old enough to do that! I'm missing the school life of three vacations a year.
Oh and don't you just love how your clothes just stick to you and you feel like you can't take a deep breath of fresh air in the humidity?!
I want to climb that when we come and visit! Looks so fun. I'll have to wicked-sisters-from-cinderella my feet into my old climbing shoes and show you Kentuckians what's up!
Miss you Syndergaards.
That dirt track looks like a fun time with the kiddos.
Post a Comment