Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Suck It Up..............

There are no 7-11's in the state of Kentucky. Normally this wouldn't bother me, despite the way I look most days, I'm really not a gas station kind of a girl. But my birthday just happens to fall on 7-11 so every year I go in, show them my license and get a free slurpee. It's tradition.

A couple of years ago I found out that ANYONE can get a free slurpee on this day. That ticked me off for months. First of all I just don't think that's fair, hey if you're born in march you just better hope another gas station opens up in your honor. Second of all, I would love to have words with the jokester who was making me show him my license all those years...I'll just bet they were having a good laugh behind the register at the girl who thought she was the only one getting a free slurpee.

Now to be honest, I'm not really all that crazy about slurpees, but this year it bothered me. Because I once had it and life changed and now I don't.......and I wanted it back.

We've had a lot of visitors this summer. As we speak Ben is on his way to Louisville to drop off Andrew and Tierney. I'm kind of in a bad mood. I hate when people leave. In fact I'm one of those people who secretly gets really mad at the person who's leaving. I wake up the morning they are scheduled to depart and kind of stomp around and sigh a lot. (I've always been mature for my age.) I just hate to say goodbye. I hate to watch them pack up and go back to their regular lives. Because that means that Ben and I have to stop playing and go back to ours. Which means he goes back to school and I have to turn around and face the piles of responsibility that have been building up around me. I realize it's necessary, but emotionally, it's messy. Especially when those people used to be a part of your life on a more regular basis. And then life changed and now their not. And I don't know when I will see them again, but I know it won't be tomorrow........and I want them back.

Even more than the slurpee.




1 comment:

CaseyLee said...

That was nice of ben to let Giacomo borrow his bridle for the picture.

Looks like you guys had fun! Visitors leaving IS the worst :(


Casey