I loved her then, I love her now.
Her novels are simple, but the central character is always the land. The earth.
The way she writes about the prairie breathes life into it.
The land around me has always been a central character in my life.
It breathes life. It touches my soul.
I am in the middle of a full blown love affair with Kentucky in the spring.
The land around me speaks to me in a whole new language, I've never lived in a place that looks like this before.
It is straight out of a storybook.
With vast green rolling hills, old barns and frolicking horses.
A storybook I tell ya.
I just want to rip the page out and put it in my pocket for the day when I know I will have to leave this place, and the longing for this land that will surely accompany it.
Long, violent, thundering rain storms. I get ya now. You did good work.
Happy Spring.











1 comment:
I've never wanted to visit Kentucky before, but now I do - it looks beautiful! Great pictures! I love the pink boots with the green dress.
Post a Comment