Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You make me laugh.......


Perhaps it's my Sierra Nevada/Rocky Mountain upbringing that makes me feel justified in saying this.......but sweethearts this is not a snow storm.
I have held my tongue, but on this, the 5th snow day, I just gotta tell you the truth. See that slight shading on the snow out there....yeah, that's the grass. And those roads..... treacherous.
Now please don't mistake me, I find your wide-eyed naivety absolutely delightful. Kentucky School System you have beyond charmed me with your gifts of free days full of hot chocolate, sleeping in and 24 hour pajamas. So thank you Kentucky......as with any new relationship, mid-week surprises and funny quirks only deepen the adoration.

5 comments:

TyandMar said...

Seriously, school is canceled for that?! That is pretty crazy.

Kati said...

Nothing is free...your kids will be making up "snow days" until July. I know from experience because WA reacts the same way. Only I'm not as charmed as you are (probably because your kids have a trampoline in your living room and I do not)

Rochelle and Kaelen said...

awww, our school won't close unitl -40 and that's only because the buses won't start... the kids HAVE to go outside for recess until it's -15...:0

Kimberli said...

Brrrr... but that snow looks so pretty! It really looks like winter. I love that. And I think "snow days" are the best things ever invented.

P.S. Do I tell YOU every single time I comment, that I LOVE the way you write and that I laugh every time and that I tell my sister to read so she can laugh too? And I think I need a trampoline in my living room too. There's no way it would fit in my yard. :)

Gaylene said...

Oh my gosh! Stop the presses there is a huge storm in Lexington. I get so bugged by this. I understand totally what you are saying, but then if you go out and drive in this horrible weather, people look at you like you have lost you mind. I went to Seattle for Thanksgiving and it just happend to be the storm of the decade and you would have thought the world had come to and end. The passenger sitting next to me and I looked at each other and laughed out loud at the incredible 3-5 inches of snow on the ground that shut down the city!
For those who may read this that have been affected by these horrible storms, we laugh in your faces!!! And we never got snow days for school. It was an absence or you were late getting there because of the weather!!!
Thanks Carly for the laugh out loud blog!!!