
November kind of snuck up on me. Halloween just seemed to drag on so long this year I didn't even notice it had arrived......and then I happened to glance up and here it was. November. One of my truly favorite times of the year.
Wow, I made that sound so idyllic didn't I? Well to be completely honest it didn't exactly happen that way. Halloween was long and the candy bowl ridiculously deep and we were battling a serious case of the "gimmes." I happened to look up one afternoon at my children wrestling to the death over, of all things, a package of smarties and thought "what the heck is going on in this family?"
The hair was flying, the tears were flowing and the words were loud and mean........and here was Mom, sitting on the floor, reduced to a spectator because she was all refereed out.
And like a breath of fresh air November was here.
And with it the answer to all our problems.
GRATITUDE
What inspiration to follow up such a gimme holiday like Halloween with Thanksgiving.
I cleared my calender instantly and set to work throwing together the annual gratitude tree.
This was an emergency.
Two hours later my children sat surrounded by markers and leaves filled with blessings.
The tears were gone, everyone had possession of only their own hair and a peaceful calm settled on the house.
All was right with the world.
GRATITUDE
I am constantly in awe of the power of this simple word....unlike Halloween candy, you can never have too much.
4 comments:
Ooh, I think I'll steal the idea for fam night.
xoxo
So awesome. What a great mom you are.
Oh, and I hate it when I'm refereed out. I never knew what to call it, so thanks for the new lingo.
Smarties are pretty tasty...
Hey Carly...I have a question about Vegas, can you email me? sariasis@yahoo.com
Post a Comment