Monday, August 23, 2010

Good Chi.........

Last week I decided that a particular room in our house was lacking good Chi. This bothered me so I spent the afternoon moving all the furniture around. This happened to include the desk which holds our computer. Upon closer inspection I noticed that all the cords to the computer and printer were in a big knot behind the desk, "well that definitely can't be helping the Chi " I said. So I went to work unplugging and untangling each cord......when I finished I was left with a row of nicely organized cords and no clue of where I had unplugged them from, thus began a game of let's figure out which cord goes where by trial and error. I blew the power supply. One week and one slightly annoyed husband later I finally got my computer back from the shop. "Well that was some dang expensive Chi" Ben said. Apparently good Chi can also be achieved by a well placed candle....hmm lesson learned.

We are back to school in full swing, I am already out of lunch ideas, and Olivia's hair is already in hurried pony tail mode. So here are a couple pictures of the first week of school when I obviously had better morning Chi.........plus a few pictures of some of our recent adventures with new friends exploring this new area. Both things that have helped my inner Chi. The Lousiville Zoo, Rock climbing in the beautiful Red River Gorge and a trip to Cave Run Lake where I competed in the 3 1/2 mile open water swim. There are no pictures of the last event, and for those of you have seen a woman who has had four kids in a racing suit and a tight swim cap.........your welcome. Far be it for me to disturbe anyone's Chi.














4 comments:

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

new friends huh? just like that? Sheesh! I feel so cheap... so used... so betrayed. I'll have you know that a single tear rolled down my cheek when I saw that picture of Ben "cheating" on me with the new friend. Boooooo.

Jess said...

Looks like you guys are loving it there already. Olivia is beautiful as always. You crack me up with your "inner Chi" crap, I mean.... whatever. :) Miss you guys.

Andrew and Amelia Kynaston said...

Chi be darned--let's see that picture of you! Amazing mother-of-four taking on the world!

FarrEver Family said...

How it makes my heart zing to see my nephew and niece in your pictures. I am glad they are there for you, but I miss them here for me...actually Deb is coming tomorrow, which in Kentucky is technically today. I will send her back soon.
Thanks for your fun posts, they make me smile even when I have insomnia and a head cold.
miss you.