Friday, March 26, 2010

Rhythm........

I've never been what you call a good dancer. I seem to lack that essential ingredient called rhythm. When it comes to dance moves....well I have none. In fact my dance moves are so awkward it has actually become a good way to make Ben laugh, when he has had a bad day all I have to do is try really hard to dance good when he walks through the door and suddenly compared to my dancing his problems don't seem so bad.
So you would think after knowing all this about myself, I would no longer attempt this particular type of self expression right? Wrong.
The problem is I happen to love music. I find it almost impossible to cook dinner without it. So the other night as I was in the kitchen (mind you this was in the privacy of my own home, a place we should all feel safe to be ourselves), I got caught up in a song and started to bust out some of my best moves. Since Sophie Kate was the only one around I really let go and danced my very very best. She stopped dead in her tracks and with the the most seriously confused look says to me "what's that?"
"ummm that's dancing" I said.
She just walked away.
I guess if you have to explain what your doing to a two year old you probably shouldn't be dancing at all. Lesson learned.

6 comments:

Gaylene said...

Hilarious! Some of us have it, some of don't. We still love you whether you bust a move or not!

Unknown said...

I have no rhythm either. To answer your questions: not my dog- someone else's dogs- bit me, i hate my neighborhood! Remember: vegetation like this also comes with really humid weather and BUGS.

Rachael said...

Maybe I will try dancing next time I cook dinner then I might enjoy cooking a little more. I miss you and we need to see that cute baby of yours. Her pictures are adorable! Any plans to come back home any time soon?

Sarah said...

I'd pay to see those moves.
At least you can laugh at yourself. And let others get some entertainment as well. That is a talent right there.

Jami said...

haha. You are so funny. I keep cracking up about you dancing your "very best." :)

s day @ sdayrunning.blogspot.com said...

you might not be a good dancer... but you're a "fast snapper!" lol