Me: "Your teacher was sure dressed up today..."
Olivia: "Mom, that is the way she ALWAYS looks."
a few moments of silence
Olivia " Mommy why do some grown-ups get all fancy whenever they go out, and some grown-ups (looks at me) don't?"
Me: "because Olivia, some grown-ups have to get up early to make breakfast, and make sure you have clean clothes and do your hair and put your brother in time out and feed your sister and find your shoes and check your homework and do scripture study......"
Olivia: (silence)
Me: "will you please hand me my hat"
The price we pay for someone else's beauty

8 comments:
I know quite a bit how you feel. They always look better than me. But the sacrifices are truly worth it.
I love your previous one to. It's so true.
Oh my gosh. That is hilarious. Oh, I really like Olivia. Her hair looks beautiful by the way! Great going! I love the flower!
Well at least you have something to show it. Olivia looks darling. I wish I could do hair as cute as you do! Not to mention your kids always look so dang cute!!! And so do you. Cheers to hats!
9 years?!? Dang!
Carly- You're hillarious!! Olivia's so your child!! and I would LOVE for you to live next door! You want honesty about the distance? Sometimes it's so far away and sometimes...it's not far enough. I love GP and it would be even better with you here! I totally know Jake Reynolds. He was a really fun guy in HS. Keep us posted!
Carly.... I totally feel you! My girls are the most beautiful girls in the whole world too and I hardly ever leave the house WITH make up ON!!!
Sorry we didn't get to catch up with you guys while we were there last month. It was all about the fight. We had an amazing time and it was the best anniversary ever!
Hopefully we will see you soon.
That is so funny! I totally relate. I set a New Year's resolution to have at least jeans on at least 4 days out of the week by the time Tel got home from work...it's not going very well! Olivia's hair is beautiful! I'm totally impressed.
I wish i was as quick witted as you talented girl! I want to learn how do do those braids this summer. You are awesome, but then again you had a sister to learn on. Lucky girls!
Post a Comment