Saturday, March 2, 2013

Ten Years with my Olivia............



The snow has been swirling for the past few days, yet there is nothing on the ground. It just blows, and dances and floats in the air like a giant snow globe but can't seem to make up its' mind about where to land, so it doesn't. It just keeps on swirling.

 It's as if the weather can read my mind.
I'm all over the place inside. Swirling with emotions and worry about the next couple months and the changes they will bring.......not knowing where to land, so I don't. I just keep swirling, and thinking and feeling. 

This girl has been swirling in my mind a lot.
 Last week she turned 10.  Sometimes I rock my new baby and I look at her and stare.
My first baby.
My girl.
I remember rocking her.
I remember when it was just me and her. 
We would cruise around town on our bike and trailer, life simple enough to not need a car.
We would spend hours laying in the grass and singing to each other.
I remember it all, and it certainly doesn't seem like it was 10 years ago.

The snow was swirling on the day she was born.
A foreshadowing of the spirit coming to earth.
I looked out the window and watched it in wonder.
I gazed down at her and could hardly breathe,
afraid my heart would burst with this new intense love that opened up a place in me that I knew had never existed before.

She is like the snow.
She came into this world with movement in her soul.
A sense of purpose.
Blowing and swirling and hard to pin down.
I watch her in wonder.
Her spirit is so full of life.
She feels deeply.
Easily blown about by the winds of emotion.
She makes me sigh, and laugh, and smile.
And wonder.
At the beauty and happy chaos of one of
God's great miracles.
Happy 10 years Olivia Ann.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have tried to leave a comment at least 5 times! What the heck?!

Anyway...Olivia, beautiful pictures. What a great description of such a neat girl.

Love you.

melissa said...

Beautiful! She is gorgeous and I love your writing. Happy 10 years to both of you!

Momma Stef said...

Well written....a good description of cute Livy...she is very much like her mother...not just swirling snow, but a bright burst of sunshine:)

TyandMar said...

My goodness you are going to have to chase away the teenage boys from her! She's a doll! I can't believe you have a ten year old! Ten years ago I was fresh off my mission!! Time moves at such a quick pace.

Katie Lila said...

A happy soul indeed!