Saturday, November 3, 2012

What's the capital of Kentucky?

If you said Frankfort, you're right. And probably in the 4th grade.  Olivia's class took a field trip to Frankfort to visit the Capitol. I convinced my friend Jenny to make a day of it with me and it turned out to be one of my best ideas, if I do say so myself.  The weather was gorgeous and between the two of us we had just enough preschoolers to give the security guard an ulcer, so we spent the day on the front lawn.  The girls ran around, Jenny and I basked in the beauty of the fall, I did a few cartwheels and nursed the baby....both of which would probably have given Olivia an ulcer, but hey I didn't see any signs and well I'm an upstanding tax paying citizen. I say the Capitol lawn is fair game.  When I asked Olivia what she thought of it she said "it was awesome, except for the tour of the Capitol part...that was boring."
Ok so I guess awesome meant lunch and hanging out with her BFF Isabella. They are pretty cute together. Makes me happy.

3 comments:

CaseyLee said...

Those two certain fourth graders are seriously awesome. I could have sat and dished with them for hours in the cafeteria. They are as sweet and good as they are darling and beautiful.

Looks like a great field trip for all!

Tyler Briggs said...

Your kids have the sweetest little faces! Love that you tagged along on the field trip, you're such a good mom.
Thanks for your comments on my blog. It's been a very difficult month for me and my family. Probably the hardest month of my life. Life is so precious. I can't believe that she's really gone. It just seems so wrong to me. I know in hindsight I'll be able to see growth from this experience, but right now we're all struggling. So thanks for your love and support. Cause we need it.
Squeeze your little ones and cherish each day you have with them!! You just never know what tomorrow will bring.

Tyler Briggs said...

I guess I'm signed in as Ty. It's me, Maryann. :)