Sunday, September 25, 2011

Buddies.........

I smiled when I saw these pictures that Ben brought home from his last Daddy/buddy date with Luke. They were gone for hours, and they came back grinning. I'm glad they're friends.

I'm glad they watch out for each other in this house of girls. I'm glad they keep it wild and fun. I'm glad they lay in his bed at night and talk about things only they talk about. I'm glad they're boys and they have each other. I'm glad they're friends.

Tonight I made Luke tell me one reason that he loved me before he was excused from the table and he said "I love the way you treat me." Then he told Ben "and I love the way you smell."
I was pretty sure I won that one until later that night when Luke leaned over to me and whispered "I told Daddy that he's my favorite, is that ok?"

Yeah buddy, it is.









4 comments:

Andrew and Amelia Kynaston said...

Carly--I was thinking about you today after the RS broadcast (why? because I miss going to church stuff with you, even though that was years ago)so I wandered over to your blog which never fails to give me a smile. Look at little mini-Ben in his golfer gear! And your other sweet babes--Sophie Kate and Grace are growing so fast. I love this beautiful family! I loved how your voice comes through so clearly in your blog entries. It's almost as good as sitting down and talking with you. Okay, I lied, it's not nearly as good, but it helps me from missing you so much :-) Love you.

TyandMar said...

Oh my, how cute is that little golfer outfit he has on!! Love it. Is he a future Boyd Summerhayes?! :)

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

What a cutie! Best buds.

CaseyLee said...

The whole thing is perfect! Boys and Dads, golfing in darling golf caps and fresh white sneakers, posing like his Dad, ect! I love it. You posted this on the same day that Matt got home from his first hunt with Jesse and said "that kid is awesome".......they both came home grinning too! Ben is one of those GREAT dads I have become more and more grateful for whenever I see em.