Thursday, June 16, 2011

Answering Machine.........

To all my family members who do not live anywhere remotely close enough for me to come see you even if you say "I wish you were here."

Hi, you've reached Carly.
If you are calling from a family reunion
a family barbecue
a fun day at the lake
a dinner party
...any kind of party
or any other event that involves people that I love,
laughter,
good food
and deep emotional connecting.
Please call back later.
Preferably when you are all alone
slightly depressed
and missing me something fierce.
Or if you are in the middle of a long, soul crushing, shopping trip at Walmart.
Thank you.

3 comments:

Rochelle and Kaelen said...

YES!!!

Kimberli said...

Ha! I can so relate! I think I miss the "just hanging out" family conversations the most!

P.S. I've loved your summertime posts.

And Happy Birthday to Luke! Just wondering...do you believe in arranged marriages? Now that I have children, I think they can totally work. :)

Eric and Jaime said...

Hey Carly,
this is Jaime Starley. I just want you to know that I get on your blog occasionally and laugh until my stomach hurts. You are hillarious and seriously you ought to consider writing a book because I would pay good money for that.Anyway, I read your post about canker sores and I thought you should know that Eric's mom had the same problem and found out that she had a sensitivity to nuts which was causing the problem. I miss seeing you at the gym. Hope all is well.