Spring kind of stood me up this year. It showed up on my doorstep a couple weeks ago, asked me if I was ready to go and told me I wouldn't need my coat. So I put my coat away and by the time I got back down stairs Spring was gone. And well, I just think that's rude. I hate my winter coat, it's puffy and it's missing three buttons. I think Spring decided it hated it too, or at least felt bad about seeing me in it, knowing it had broken my heart, because it showed up again last week looking gorgeous and pretty apologetic. You can imagine I was a little leery after having been burned before but Spring turned in a stellar performance meeting my family that had just flown in, so all was forgiven.Today it's raining. But it's a warm spring rain so I can deal with that. It's the kind of rain that is so full and thick that the ground just pushes it back up. It's bubbling out of the grass and filling everything it touches. It's a rain so complete and clean it changes the earth. I am actually watching the grass grow, and contrary to popular belief, it's magnificent. My heart feels a lot like the ground today, sopping wet and full. My Olivia was baptized this past Sunday. It felt big, bigger than my spirit is capable of understanding. The fields here are so green it's breathtaking, after the rain it is almost blinding. Olivia is a like that. Her spirit is breathtaking....and blinding. Watching her grow is magnificent. Sometimes I don't realize what a spiritual drought I'm in until I allow my self to be drenched in the Living Water of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When it rains, it pours. My cup runneth over.




4 comments:
Beautiful post!
Wonderful sentiment! You are spectacular with words and it makes me want to be just like you when I grow up!!!
I agree.
I also love your rei card coping mechanism. Anyone can stand on a ridge and laugh. Not everyone gets the priviledge of holding god's greatest gift in their lap and hear them utter such sweet words. Even the title "adventurer" has its boundaries, but "Mother" encompasses all!!
Hooray for Olivia--she looks beautiful. Your post reminded me of Tolstoy (TOLSTOY!) in his description of Spring in Anna Karenina--"You can almost hear the grass growing..."
Post a Comment