Thursday, February 17, 2011

Motherhood is a thankless job.


Yesterday Olivia was having a grumpy morning and to make matters worse I did something terrible like french braid her hair AND make her put socks on with her boots. I know, huh.
She turns to me, and with all the venom she can muster, she says
"y'know mom one day I'm going to grow up and probably get married and probably have kids and they are going to ask me about their grandma and you know what I'm going to say? I don't even know the woman. I . DON'T. EVEN. KNOW. THE. WOMAN.

I laughed all day. And I even threw some ribbons in her hair.....because well, I KNOW her, and that just drives her crazy.

7 comments:

Gaylene said...

This is so funny. The nice thing is that when she says she doesn;t even know that woman, she knows you more than she will admit, especially when she is 40 years old!!!

Redd family said...

I can't stop laughing. I can hardly blame her, I mean a French braid and socks... Really? I wouldn't know you either.

Sarah said...

Who is this child? She has a 17 year old mentality. She totally cracks me up.

Jami said...

Amen to motherhood being a thankless job sometimes. :) I am going to be laughing about this for a while. Such a mean mom!

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Jess said...

too funny. at least you are getting funny jokes at your house about your mothering skills!

KevDebKlan said...

Life is finally calming down a bit and I feel like I am reconnecting to the world again.Love your posts. She is toooo funny. And you crack me up. I think you guys have to be the coolest parents ever to put your trap in the family room. Love it. What fun times and BTW I totally loved the pencil!!! We miss you guys. Hopefully we will get to see you this summer in Utah. tell your cute family hi for me.