Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday...I needed you.

I'm supposed to be working on something to submit to my writing group this month. I am obviously stalling. That pretty much sums up my week. I have never been so happy to see Friday. The week has been long and much too busy for my liking. Busy with endless stuff and none of it seemed to be the "supposed to do" stuff. Just lots of dr's appts, running errands and homework....oh endless homework. I hate homework. Olivia had a social studies project due this week that started with a trip down to campus to visit a monument and concluded with an oral report. I enjoyed both, it was the middle that gave me a headache......spilled popcorn kernels, a two year old covered in glue, tears and one to many permanent markers. I hate crafts. I love fall leaves. I hit my limit this week on the responsibility meter. We studied our spelling words, completed our math problems, practiced our letters, actually put away the clean laundry, ate five healthy (and very under appreciated meals) and walked to school with clean, happy faces excited about our education. That's all folks, I'm out. You can only fake it till you make it for so long. I want my kids back. We need a hike, a looooong hike. I declare a weekend of peaceful surrender to the fall air. Did I mention I like fall leaves? Did I mention I like when my children have dirt on them? Don't ring the doorbell neighbor kids, we aren't answering. Seriously, stop. I'm chaosed out.




As you can see we've jumped on the UK bandwagon pretty fast.......

this is really easy to do when your school sweeps the draft.
Probably the only time you will ever see Ben supporting matching shirts.

3 comments:

Erica Johnston said...

You're so refreshing! Don't tease me about moving to southern Oregon- there is a periodontist in GP who's looking for a young associate to take over...

SouthernAZ WOLFINGTON said...

You're kids are already starting to look 'older'. UK is cool. ASU us cooler. Ohhh!!

CaseyLee said...

I would wear both of Olivia's outfits in these pictures. Especially the one of her giving her oral report. Do you know if they make it in "slightly larger" sizes? Oh, and thank you for obliging and putting a picture of you and Ben on here. Much appreciated.