For about a month
and found ourselves
in some of the most beautiful places
in the country
and spent time with some of our most favorite people.
Cheers to family and one looooooong road trip.
After spending time at Grandpa and Grandma's house
(where according to the pictures we never left the swing)
Camping and hiking for a week in Bryce Canyon,
piling our dusty dirty selves into the car
and snacking our way through 6 states,
spending time in way too many truck stop bathrooms,
being rear-ended somewhere in Colorado
(mini-van totaled, loving the rental SUV....
we're all fine, Herbie the tree frog took the brunt of it
with a smashed cage and a pretty
severe case of post-tramatic stress syndrome,
he is pretty touch and go at the moment)
hitting a bird somewhere in Kansas,
falling in love with the farmland of Missouri,
wishing my children were Amish,
and major meltdowns involving banana
peels thrown at mom and dad's head in Illinois.....
we are finally here.
It's beautiful.
The lady at the grocery store sounds so
charming, I wish I could understand what she
is saying.
I can't find anything, Luke had to wear
tennis shoes to church
but I did find my camera.....
and it was a very snap-happy month.
Enjoy
We certainly did.












































9 comments:
What a fun trip! My parents loved seeing you and were gushing about how cute your kids are!! So sorry about Colorado being the place to be rear-ended :(!! I have a best friend who also happens to be my cousins wife on my mother's side, who lived in Louiville and absolutely loved it! I am excited for you! Let us know if you ever come a little further east! We'd love to see you! Or maybe we just might want to make it down to KY one day!
Glad you are safe!! Sad you are gone...I was hoping you would've delayed your trip a bit...you know, so you could spend more time with me. :) Enjoy your new adventures...I can't wait to read all about it.
Your blog posts always bring a smile to my face (except the part about the van accident). Glad you survived the banana peel assault and everything else. Good luck with all the adjustments ahead!
Can I be in your family???
That is one crazy long trip. Sorry about your van. We had a car break down on a cross-country move and it was not fun.
I'd recognize Missouri pics anywhere. I thought Liberty jail was the best.
Good luck with your new home and unpacking and such. At least Luke wasn't barefoot at church, eh?
Looks like you're having tons of fun! I can't believe I only talked to you for a few minutes while you were in town! That's life. I'm sure I'll see more of you later. Love the pictures. Love the road trip. Can't wait to hear more Kentucky stories!
Carly! So glad to hear you have arrived in Kentucky--I'm impressed the only thing you couldn't find on Sunday was Luke's shoes. Las Vegas just feels lonelier this summer without you all here. I'm so glad you are a blogging pro so I can sneak peeks into your life whenever I feel like I'm missing you. Love you! :-)
You guys are awesome! I love that solo pic of Gracie, and of Luke's cross eyes and sisters holding hands. I miss all you guys. You took great pics. I'm so glad you guys are ok from the crash that's crazy. Your journey sounds exhaustingly priceless. Take care. Love Liz
Carly,
I love your blog. I love your attitude about motherhood, you truly inspire me to be a better mom. You are a wonderful woman. Thanks for sharing your 'moments', you are an incredible writer, and I feel like I can truly picture your adventures. Write on! :)
Post a Comment