Yesterday I was swimming laps when a lifeguard called me over to the side of the pool and asked me "ummm your not having your baby right now are you?"Yes sweetheart, I went into labor this morning and couldn't decide whether to call my doctor or go to the pool, so here I am just having a baby and perfecting my backstroke.
Seriously people, I think we previously established that you can expect these kind of comments from the shoppers at Walmart but I thought I was pretty safe at the local YMCA.
I've never been bothered there before, in fact one of the reasons I was there was because generally it's quiet, you can always have a lane to yourself and it's a good place to have a little peace to think.
I pulled off my swim cap just to make sure I had heard her correctly and when I could see that she was serious I just smiled and said "No honey, I'm not having a baby right now.....but I'm pretty sure I met your mother at Walmart the other day."
7 comments:
Carly--You are hilarious! You SHOULD write a book on all of these experiences. A girl I know from work has experiences like this everyday on her commute to work on the TRAX--if you ever get a chance, go to my facebook and read Tonya Mitchell Allred's posts about TRAX days!
I knew there was a reason I liked you--not just 'cause you married my cute cousin!
I LOVE that you go swimming as an almost 9 month pregnant woman!! What a cute sight you must be!! Swimming truly is a great work out though. I wouldn't stress about the lifeguards comment. She's probably some 16 yr old trying to do her job and she doesn't want to have to deliver a baby on her watch. :)
Great seeing you over Christmas. Wish it would've been for longer.
Some people just attract these wierd comments. I don't seem to get them--maybe because I have a mean look about me or something. My sister gets all kinds of rude/ignorant comments. Maybe you are just one of those people...
Good luck when you ARE in labor, by the way!
Oh my word.... people! Good for you.... sounds like something I would say back!
Ah man! Hasn't he ever heard of water births? :) So when are you officially due anyway?
Laughing Out Loud! You are TOO funny!
Funny! You could have given her a scare and said.. "Oh wow, I am. I didn't notice." HELLO, who asks someone if they are in labor, wierdo!:)
Post a Comment