Monday, November 24, 2008

GRATITUDE

Last week we got a toy catalog in the mail, the kids began immediately to list off all the things they absolutely NEEDED to have. So I got out the scissors and cut out the pictures and they proceeded to play with the pictures of the toys for the next two hours.
Simple joys, and low expectations.....a little something I am grateful for this week.

I love this time of year, we made our thanksgiving tree and I've had many grateful moments as I watch my children anxiously record their blessings.


We got off to a rough start......I asked the kids what they were thankful for and Luke said "Daddy and ONLY Daddy", Olivia said she wasn't grateful for anything,when I asked her why she said she had a bad day at school, again I asked why and she said with a sigh "well, I looked adorable today and nobody told me I was cute." (note to self, lesson on vanity to immediately follow gratitude lesson). After some time things started rolling and as always gratitude begets gratitude and we have had some sweet moments.

Me too Olivia.


As for my gratitude tree, I would hang these three faces on it if I could.






And the "fellas" should be rolling in this week to spend thanksgiving with us....and Benjamin gets three weeks off for Christmas....and in the right light with a little makeup my "tell-me-this-is-hormones-because-I'm-28-years-old-and-I-really-shouldn't-be-having-acne" blemishes are much less detectable this week...thankful, thankful, thankful.

10 comments:

FarrEver Family said...

LOVE IT! Remind me of the Thanksgiving tree next year...that is a great idea!

TyandMar said...

What a cute idea!! You are such a good little mom.

Rachael said...

I think i am going to have to steal your tree tradition as well. That is great. And i honestly cant get enough of you cute kids and the things they say.

Anonymous said...

You are awesome. All of your posts just pull me in and I always wish I could articulate as well as you. Have you ever thought of being a writer? I think you have a hidden talent.

Kati said...

Oh Olivia I so understand. . . Nobody tells me I'm cute anymore eiher. And if they do it's more of "oh look how BIG your getting, it's so cute..."

Unknown said...

3 weeks?! nice! enjoy your upcoming break... happy thanksgiving!

Elizabeth said...

Enjoy the three weeks off for Christmas. It will never happen again once Ben is out of school. :) Speaking of Ben being out of school... you do realize that Casey would hire Ben at the drop of a hat. You guys should come and check out New Mexico and see what you think.

Gaylene said...

Benj & Carly,
What a family. I love reading your blogs. I got it from Jenny.
Tell beutiful Olivia that she doesn't need to be told everyday, because she is BEAUTIFUL everyday.
Luke is indeed a HANDSOME young man and Sophie Kate is absolutely adorable to.
One day I will get on the ball and do a blog for our familly and Kassie's beautiful children.
Keep us posted.
Love Gaylene

CrazyCarlsons said...

You're such a GOOD MOM! How do you DO IT ALL? I think you're right up there with Deija...seriously you two make me sick at all the stuff you manage to get done! I can't wait to see your cute smile again in person and see you cute lil kid-o's!

apron girls said...

i like the thanksgiving tree - i'll have to remember that next year...or maybe a thanksgiving wall.