For any of you that have a little girl you may already know this little gem but if you don't listen up...you will love this game.
Olivia likes to call it "spa day" or "beauty parlor" (whatever name works for you)
I like to call it "15 min break"
This game became a necessity when I was pregnant and has since been reinstated due to popular demand. Ok here it goes, I lay on the floor with a pillow propping up my feet and head. Olivia then brings me a drink and a magazine. While I read, we visit and she massages my feet with lotion. She also alternates between painting my toes with water and cotton balls and combing my hair(hey I'm an easy client, whatever the beautician wants.)
Now you may be thinking.. that is not a game, that is called "Lazy Mom"... but no no my friends it is all in the way you sell it. Olivia always thanks me over and over again for "letting" her play this and she is constantly asking when we can play it again. Being the good Mother I am, I am only happy to oblige!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow! I have got to try this one out. I think Brielle would totally go for it too! Hope you are doing well.
Carly, you are so cute. I'm totally going to do that with my little boy, even!! I'll let you know how it goes...when he gets older, obviously.
I Love this! My little boy Morgan would totally go for it!
I love this trick! I've been using it for a while now...although Lane has sort of caught on and wants me to play with her hair, too!
It's official your last two posts made me remember we NEED a little girl in this family!
Oh the goodness of little girls! And yours are beautiful!!! I miss being a close by aunt. Why oh why do we live so far away?
Someone LOVES your sound track. Small Town hits this girl right in the middle of the heart(sniffle, sniffle)...and still holds true, even in DC area we live in a town of 500 people. And about What a Wonderful Life, it sure is isn't it. (It's a top 10 favorite) I think I ;ll leave your blog up all day tomorrow. By the way, what's your song? I am thinking of a Peter Brienholdt song I would dedicate to you. Hmmm
Glad you married that handsome fellow. Cheers.
This is pure genius! Very creative & something I'll really have to try one day! Hey I was wondering if you're going to be in Utah again any time soon? For some reason I have it stuck in my head that you'd be visiting in July, but I may be dreaming! Anyway, if you're going to be in Utah on July 12th let me know - e-mail me at
outside247@hotmail.com. I love your blog!
~Marti
Carly you are a great mom, so creative. I should take some tips from you. This spa day is definitely I will be incorporating as Reese grows!
Hope to see you at the reunion.
I am loving this game. I'll have to try it out with Clare. Do you think she's old enough?
Post a Comment